About the Insititute
Much like the CEO of a business, a school principal is responsible for everything that happens in his or her building. But principals’ most important work is making sure students achieve at the highest possible levels – giving them the best foundation for success later in life. That means teachers and other team members in a school building must be focused on the same goal … and that requires strong leadership from the top.
Research has shown that effective leaders have a positive impact on student and school performance, but Kentucky’s principals have limited opportunities to receive the high-end training that is of such great value to leaders in the business community. That is why the Kentucky Chamber Foundation started the Leadership Institute for School Principals – offering school leaders executive-level leadership training unmatched anywhere in the state.
The Leadership Institute for School Principals delivers cutting-edge training to help Kentucky principals:
- Build a high-performance culture
- Influence others to ensure student success
- Explore how knowledge of individual strengths and developmental needs can produce positive outcomes for students, schools and communities
- Practice new behaviors for positive results
And thanks to donations from individuals, businesses and communities, the program is free for participants.
- Dr. Randy Poe, Superintendent, Boone County Public Schools, Boone County
- Mr. Joel Hopper, CEO, Brenntag, Henderson
- Mr. William Jones, Community Division Manager, U.S. Bank, Paducah
- Ms. Deirdre Lyons, Cofounder, Alltech, Inc., Nicholasville
- Mr. William Lear, Jr., Chairman, Stoll Keenon Ogden, PLLC, Lexington
- Mr. Michael Owsley, Partner, English, Lucas, Priest & Owsley, LLP, Bowling Green
- Dr. Tom Shelton, Executive Director, Association of Superintendents, Lexington
- Ms. Lu Young, University of Kentucky, Lexington
- Dr. Keith Gannon, Boneal, Winchester
- Dr. Nicholas Brake, Superintendent, Owensboro Public Schools, Owensboro
- Mr. Jerry Green, Superintendent, Pikeville Independent Schools, Pikeville
- Mr. Scott Hawkins, Superintendent, Woodford County Public Schools, Versailles
- Mr. Ronald Chi, Alumni, Chief Innovation Officer, Frankfort Independent School/Kentucky State University
- Mr. John Williams, Sr., Chairman, Computer Services, Inc. Dba CSI Inc., Paducah
- Mr. Michael Price, Alumni, Principal, Breckenridge Elementary